AMADIO WINES PARTNERS WITH CELEBRITY CHEF
Award winning wine maker, Danniel Amadio has partnered with home grown, entrepreneurial chef, Adam Swanson to open Amadio’s Vino e Cucina.
Located on the main street of Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, Amadio’s Vino e Cucina is modelled on an authentic Italian trattoria. This collaboration will deliver a new and exciting experience to the Island, delighting diners with traditional, homestyle dishes, a wine list to complement in a relaxed atmosphere.
Adam said, “Kangaroo Island is one of the greatest destinations in Australia and we are thrilled to offer locals, tourists and visitors to the Island an amazing Italian experience.
Modelled on an authentic Italian trattoria or osteria experience Amadio’s Vino e Cucina is relaxed but offers incredible service and home styling cooking. Often the best Italian dishes are those that use simple and tasty ingredients. We will use local, seasonal produce wherever we can, we are all about showcasing local produce and the best wines in a relaxed setting. Given the simple fact we are unable to travel to Italy, we thought it was the perfect excuse to bring a little slice of Italy to KI.”
Adam said, “We’ll be making everything in house, whether that be tasty pasta sauces, breads and Italian pastries. Diners can expect dishes such as;
• Tuna carpaccio, sicilian dressing, parsley aioli, lime
• Pork & Veal polpette (Meatballs), tomato sugo, basil
• Tuscan slow braised lamb shank, tomato sugo, mash, gremolata
• S.A Calamari fritti, floured, fried, aioli, lemon
• Orecchiette forno, pistachio & rocket pesto, buffalo mozzarella, pangrattato
• Authentic Italian pizzas (to come!)
… just to tease the taste buds!”
The feel radiates an Italian family restaurant. Culture and heritage are important and the tradition of sharing a meal together rings true to both Adam and the Amadio Family. This collaboration will deliver an authentic Italian experience - sharing good food and good wine with family and friends!
Complementing the menu will be Amadio’s vast range of award-winning wines – produced both in Kangaroo Island and Adelaide Hills. There is no shortage choice and a style that will appeal to every pallet.
Danniel Amadio said: “It’s such a delight to see the restaurant come to life after such a challenging couple of years of bushfires and COVID restrictions.
We are committed to looking after the KI locals, dishing up the best Italian dining experience and we hope Amadio’s will become a reference point for the Island.
No trip to KI will be complete without a dining and wine experience with us.
At the helm are local’s Frank Vigouroux and his wife Cheryl, overseeing the operations of the Restaurant. They are both passionate about customer service and the Island and committed to ensuring every guest has a wonderful experience with us. Frank comes with a vast array of local and hospitality knowledge having managed Kingsgate Haven Conference and Retreat Centre in Kangaroo Island and the iconic Chloe’s Restaurant in Adelaide. We are delighted to have them part of the team”.
• The restaurant will open its doors on Friday 29th October at 7am
• Opening Hours: Wednesday – Sunday Breakfast: 7am – 10am Dinner: 4pm – late
• On the first Sunday of every month Amadio’s will host a “Family Long Lunch” $80 per person, all-inclusive food and wine – further adding to the dining experience on the Island.
• The restaurant will also offer a takeaway menu during opening hours as well as take home wines at Cellar Door pricing.
• Can book now at: Kangaroo Island – Amadio Wines
• 1 Commercial Street. Kingscote SA 5223, Phone: 8553 3235
CLICK HERE to send a message to the
Kangaroo Island Tourism Alliance