Search Results - Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Penneshaw Penguin Centre
Take a nocturnal tour with an experienced guide, and learn about the fascinating life cycle of the Little Penguin.
Penguin numbers in South Australia and Kangaroo Island have suffered a serious decline in recent years. The colony at Penneshaw is much smaller than it used to be, but it is still possible to have intimate views of these beautiful birds. Because the numbers are small, on some nights it can be difficult to see them well, and patience may be needed.
The Penneshaw Penguin Centre is located within walking distance of Penneshaw accommodation and SeaLink Ferry Service.
Closed each year from 1 February to 21 February inclusive.
- Corner Middle Terrace and Bay Terrace
- Adult $13 (valid 18 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2014)
- Child (age 8 to 16) $10 (valid 18 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2014)
- Concession $10 (valid 18 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2014)
- Student $10 (valid 18 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2014)
- Family $35 (valid 18 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2014)
- Group $10 Per person (valid 18 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2014)
- Monday: 6pm to 9.30pm Tuesday: 6pm to 9.30pm Wednesday: 6pm to 9.30pm Thursday: 6pm to 9.30pm Friday: 6pm to 9.30pm Saturday: 6pm to 9.30pm Sunday: 6pm to 9.30pm Christms Day: Closed ...... 8pm to 10.30pm daylight saving time
- Car park
- Child Activities
- Coach Parking
- Interpretive Centre
- Interactive Centre
- Photographic service
- Public Toilet
- Shaded Area
- Sheltered Area
- Tour Desk
- Viewing Platform
- Walking Tracks
Visit with our friendly staff at Kangaroo Island's only Accredited Visitor Information Centre and let us help you customise an itinerary as unique as you are to get the most from your time on Kangaroo Island. Kangaroo Island Gateway Visitor Information Centre - Howard Drive, PENNESHAW SA 5222
Open: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Weekends & Public Holidays 10am-4pm, Closed Christmas Day.
Need some help booking somewhere to stay?
Toll Free: 1800 811 080
While all Kangaroo Island accommodation is suitable for exploring the Island, particular regions of the Island afford different advantages. Whether you are arriving in the evening and need accommodation close to the ferry port, you prefer to be close to shops and restaurants or if you really want to get away from it all and stay in a more secluded area, there is a region on Kangaroo Island to suit everyone.