Search Results - Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Penneshaw Penguin Centre
Wait in anticipation as Little Penguins emerge from the clear waters of Hog Bay. Hear the excited calls of impatient Penguin chicks waiting for mealtime. Observe intimate courtship displays and aggressive territorial disputes taking place before your eyes.
Arguably the best Penguin experience in South Australia, the Penneshaw Penguin 'Underwater' interpretive centre is the base for nocturnal tours. Learn incredible Penguin facts with a guided tour. Our eco-viewing platforms boast amazing close encounters with wild Little Penguins.
See these amazing little birds all year round - exceptional viewing from autumn to spring.
Within walking distance of Penneshaw accommodation and SeaLink Ferry Service.
Closed each year from 1 February to 21 February inclusive.
- Corner Middle Terrace and Bay Terrace
- Adult $10 (valid 19 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Child (age 8 to 16) $8.5 (valid 19 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Concession $8.5 (valid 19 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Student $8.5 (valid 19 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Family $29 (valid 19 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Group $6.5 Per person (valid 19 Aug 2011 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Monday: 6pm to 9.30pm Tuesday: 6pm to 9.30pm Wednesday: 6pm to 9.30pm Thursday: 6pm to 9.30pm Friday: 6pm to 9.30pm Saturday: 6pm to 9.30pm Sunday: 6pm to 9.30pm Christms Day: Closed ...... 8pm to 10.30pm daylight saving time
- Car park
- Child Activities
- Coach Parking
- Interpretive Centre
- Interactive Centre
- Photographic service
- Public Toilet
- Shaded Area
- Sheltered Area
- Tour Desk
- Viewing Platform
- Walking Tracks
Visit with our friendly staff at Kangaroo Island's only Accredited Visitor Information Centre and let us help you customise an itinerary as unique as you are to get the most from your time on Kangaroo Island. Kangaroo Island Gateway Visitor Information Centre - Howard Drive, PENNESHAW SA 5222 Open: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm, Weekends & Public Holidays 10am - 4pm, Closed Christmas Day.
Need some help booking somewhere to stay?
Toll Free: 1800 811 080
While all Kangaroo Island accommodation is suitable for exploring the Island, particular regions of the Island afford different advantages. Whether you are arriving in the evening and need accommodation close to the ferry port, you prefer to be close to shops and restaurants or if you really want to get away from it all and stay in a more secluded area, there is a region on Kangaroo Island to suit everyone.