Search Results - Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Mt Quincan Crater Retreat
Mt Quincan Crater Retreat is ideally situated in the heart of the Cairns hinterland, The Atherton Tablelands. The Retreat is centrally located to the lakes, waterfalls and many other natural attractions this beautiful area offers. Just 60 minutes to Cairns, gateway to The Great Barrier Reef.
Five minutes from the heritage village of Yungaburra, the Retreat offers luxurious, architecturally designed pole tree houses for couples, nestled amongst some of Far North Queensland's most breathtaking scenery.
Each of the six tree houses is completely separate, secluded and private - each strategically tucked away on the rainforest slopes of Mt Quincan's extinct volcanic crater so as to maximise panoramic views of the Tableland or unique views into the crater itself.
The 57 hectare property is registered with 'Land for Wildlife' and has been selected for a case study project with the local Tree Kangaroo and Mammal Group. Mt Quincan is home to the rare tree climbing kangaroo and a large variety of other animals, a birdwatcher's paradise.
A walk down and around the unique Mt Quincan crater wetlands is also a must.
One tree house has no steps with a ramp to the door however assistance for guests with a disability is required in the shower.
- 2012 - Queensland Tourism Award Winner Unique Accommodation
- 2012 - Tourism Tropical North Queensland Judges Commendation Award
**Rates given are intended as a guide only. Please contact the property direct for exact rates and conditions.
- Tree House - The luxurious timber tree houses are stunning, private, secluded and romantic and designed just for couples. They are completely self contained and feature a king size bed, double spa with fantastic views, wood fire that can be seen from anywhere in the cabin, barbecue on private deck dishwasher and laundry. A large comfortable window couch for two to curl up on with a good book, dining table and chairs, plus table and chairs on the deck. Added extras are fresh tableland roses, port, chocolates, binoculars and bird book. - from $275.00 to $298.00 (Room and Breakfast)
- Canopy Cabin - The luxurious timber tree houses are stunning, private, secluded and romantic and designed just for couples. They are completely self contained and feature a king size bed, double spa with fantastic views, wood fire that can be seen from anywhere in the cabin, barbecue on private deck dishwasher and laundry. A large comfortable window couch for two to curl up on with a good book, dining table and chairs, plus table and chairs on the deck. Added extras are fresh tableland roses, port, chocolates, binoculars and bird book. In addition to the double shower inside they have an outside shower and deck in the privacy of the treetops. - from $295.00 to $320.00 (Room and Breakfast)
- Additional Bathroom
- Bath Robe
- Ceiling Fan
- Clock Radio
- Clothes Dryer
- Cooking Facilities - FULL
- DVD Player
- Electric Blanket
- Hot Tub
- Insect screens
- Internet Access
- Iron/Ironing board
- Microwave oven
- Non Smoking Room
- Private Facilities
- Spa in Bath
- Stereo/CD player
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Video Cassette Recorder
- Washing Machine
- Washer and dryer
- Wood heater/pot belly
- 24 hour Reception
- BBQ Facilities
- Office Services/Business Services
- Car park
- Vehicle wash facilities
- Courtesy transfer
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Gardens in property
- Movie Hire
- Outdoor furniture
- Pets not allowed
- Walking Tracks
- Wood Heater/Pot Belly
- Check In: 1400
- Check Out: 1030
- Airstrip 15 Kilometres
- Bowling Club 5 Kilometres
- City and/or Town 5 Kilometres
- Coach Station 70 Kilometres
- Convention Centre 70 Kilometres
- Domestic Airport 70 Kilometres
- Golf 15 Kilometres
- Hospital 15 Kilometres
- International Airport 70 Kilometres
- National Park 5 Kilometres
- Post Office 5 Kilometres
- Restaurant 5 Kilometres
- Shop 5 Kilometres
- Tennis Court 5 Kilometres
- Visitor Information Centre 5 Kilometres
Visit with our friendly staff at Kangaroo Island's only Accredited Visitor Information Centre and let us help you customise an itinerary as unique as you are to get the most from your time on Kangaroo Island. Kangaroo Island Gateway Visitor Information Centre - Howard Drive, PENNESHAW SA 5222
Open: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Weekends & Public Holidays 10am-4pm, Closed Christmas Day.
Need some help booking somewhere to stay?
Toll Free: 1800 811 080
While all Kangaroo Island accommodation is suitable for exploring the Island, particular regions of the Island afford different advantages. Whether you are arriving in the evening and need accommodation close to the ferry port, you prefer to be close to shops and restaurants or if you really want to get away from it all and stay in a more secluded area, there is a region on Kangaroo Island to suit everyone.