Search Results - Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Seal Bay Conservation Park
At Seal Bay Conservation Park, Kangaroo Island, you can join one of the regular guided tours to see the endangered Australian Sea-lions in their natural environment of coastal vegetation, dunes and beach.
Wander along the 800-metre boardwalk which meanders through the limestone cliffs and dunes to viewing platforms where you can observe the sea-lions surfing the waves or sunning themselves on the beach while you enjoy the stunning coastal scenery.
Seal Bay is a 45-minute drive from Kingscote. Beach access to the sea-lion colony is by guided tour only but sea-lions can also be seen from the self-guided boardwalk. Special pre-sunset tours are also available in summer school holidays. Entry tickets can be purchased from Seal Bay Visitor Information Centre, where you can learn more about these fascinating creatures and also browse for souvenirs. Please refer to website for tour options and prices.
Nearby is Bales Bay picnic area where picnic shelters, gas barbecues and toilets are provided.
Access and amenities available.
- Adult $32 Guided beach tour. (valid 19 Mar 2010 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Concession $26 Guided beach tour. (valid 19 Mar 2010 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Child $18 Guided beach tour. (valid 19 Mar 2010 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Family $80 Guided beach tour. Family defined as two adults and two children or one adult and three children. Any additional children to be charged at 50 per cent of child rate. (valid 19 Mar 2010 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Adult $15 Boardwalk and lookout experience. See parks website for concession, child and family prices. (valid 19 Mar 2010 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Adult $60 Pre-sunset tour (summer school holidays only). (valid 19 Mar 2010 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Open daily 9am to 5pm, Summer school holidays open 9am to 6pm. Regular guided tours throughout the day.
- National Ecotourism Accreditation Program
- BBQ Facilities
- Car park
- Coach Parking
- Access Without Assistance for the Disabled
- Parking for the Disabled
- Toilet facilities for the Disabled
- First aid equipment
- Interpretive Centre
- Picnic Area
- Public Telephone
- Public Toilet
- Shaded Area
- Sheltered Area
- Tour Desk
- Viewing Platform
Visit with our friendly staff at Kangaroo Island's only Accredited Visitor Information Centre and let us help you customise an itinerary as unique as you are to get the most from your time on Kangaroo Island. Kangaroo Island Gateway Visitor Information Centre - Howard Drive, PENNESHAW SA 5222 Open: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm, Weekends & Public Holidays 10am - 4pm, Closed Christmas Day.
Need some help booking somewhere to stay?
Toll Free: 1800 811 080
While all Kangaroo Island accommodation is suitable for exploring the Island, particular regions of the Island afford different advantages. Whether you are arriving in the evening and need accommodation close to the ferry port, you prefer to be close to shops and restaurants or if you really want to get away from it all and stay in a more secluded area, there is a region on Kangaroo Island to suit everyone.