Search Results - Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Kelly Hill Caves and Conservation Park
Beneath the vast expanse of native bushland of Kelly Hill Conservation Park lies a maze of surprising caves. Be sure to join one of the regular guided tours to discover Kelly Hill Caves' treasures of impressive stalagmites, stalactites, helictites and straws.
As one of the few dry limestone caves in Australia, Kelly Hill offers an ideal spot where you can try adventure caving. Don a hard hat and overalls as you crawl through amazing caverns. Above ground, interpretive walking trails offer the chance to spot native wildlife and enjoy the island's peaceful natural beauty. The spectacular Hanson Bay hike, an 18 kilometre return walk, commences from the Visitor Centre. There is also the Burgess Hike, which is a delightful 1.25 kilometre loop trail through a forest of majestic gums.
Kelly Hill's Visitor Centre houses interesting interpretive displays, souvenirs, drinks and snack food. Picnic facilities with shelter and gas barbecues are located in a tranquil bush setting.
Please refer to website for tour prices and times.
- Adult $15 Show Cave Tour (valid 19 Mar 2009 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Concession $12 Show Cave Tour (valid 19 Mar 2009 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Child $9 Show Cave Tour (valid 19 Mar 2009 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Family $40 Show Cave Tour. Family defined as two adults and two children or one adult and three children. (valid 19 Mar 2009 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Family $136 Adventure Caving Tour. Family defined as two adults and two children or one adult and three children. (valid 19 Mar 2009 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Adult $50 Adventure Caving Tour (valid 19 Mar 2009 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Concession $40 Adventure Caving Tour (valid 19 Mar 2009 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Child $30 Adventure Caving Tour (valid 19 Mar 2009 - 31 Dec 2013)
- Christms Day: Closed ...... Open daily 10am to 5pm. Guided tours from 10am (school holidays) and 10:30am all other times.
- National Ecotourism Accreditation Program
- BBQ Facilities
- Car park
- Coach Parking
- First aid equipment
- Interpretive Centre
- Picnic Area
- Public Toilet
- Shaded Area
- Sheltered Area
- Tour Desk
Visit with our friendly staff at Kangaroo Island's only Accredited Visitor Information Centre and let us help you customise an itinerary as unique as you are to get the most from your time on Kangaroo Island. Kangaroo Island Gateway Visitor Information Centre - Howard Drive, PENNESHAW SA 5222 Open: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm, Weekends & Public Holidays 10am - 4pm, Closed Christmas Day.
Need some help booking somewhere to stay?
Toll Free: 1800 811 080
While all Kangaroo Island accommodation is suitable for exploring the Island, particular regions of the Island afford different advantages. Whether you are arriving in the evening and need accommodation close to the ferry port, you prefer to be close to shops and restaurants or if you really want to get away from it all and stay in a more secluded area, there is a region on Kangaroo Island to suit everyone.