Search Results - Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Kangaroo Island Backpackers
Kangaroo Island Backpackers hostel is a great place to kick back and relax, offering budget accommodation to anyone travelling to Kangaroo Island. We are conveniently located less then 100 metres from the ferry terminal at Penneshaw which makes life easy when you're arriving late, departing early or arriving on foot.
The hostel has a large recreation area with pool table, lounge and television area and all rooms are air-conditioned. You will appreciate the free washing facilities including washing machine and dryer. Outside you will find a garden area which is a great place for a meal, or just sit around and relax.
Penneshaw is a small coastal town, where you will find a variety of things to do including, walking trails, craft shop, museum, skate park for the kids, golf course for the big kids, a beautiful beach, bird watching, fishing spots and historic sites all in walking distance from the hostel.
Also in walking distance from the hostel is a supermarket, post office, tour booking office, hotel, cafe, chemist, car hire and takeaway food including pizza bar and fish and chip shop. The Kangaroo Island Tourism Centre is also in walking distance from the hostel.
**Rates given are intended as a guide only. Please contact the property direct for exact rates and conditions.
- Male Dormitory - Male dormitory sleeps up to six or can be booked as a family room to sleep seven. Bedding consists of 2 bunk beds (sleeping four), one single bed and one double bed. Linen and pillows and quilts are provided. - from $25.00 to $150.00 (Room Only)
- Female Dormitory - Female dormitory sleeps up to seven individuals or can be booked as a family room to sleep eight. Bedding consists of two bunk beds (sleeping four), one single bed and one double bed with a single bed over ahead. Linen and pillows and quilts are provided. - from $25.00 to $150.00 (Room Only)
- Private Single Room - This private room has one single bed, all linen and bedding supplied. The room is compact and great if you want your own space. - from $35.00 (Room Only)
- Private Twin Share - This private room has one bunk bed and sleeps two people, linen and bedding supplied. The room is compact and is great if two friends travelling together require privacy. - from $55.00 (Room Only)
- Family Room (4) - This private family room sleeps up to four. The room has one double bed and two single beds, all linen and bedding supplied. Room can also be booked as double. - from $80.00 to $110.00 (Room Only)
- Family Room (5) - This private family room sleeps up to five. The room has one double bed with an overhead single bed (trio bunk bed) and one bunk bed (sleeps two). All linen and bedding supplied. Room can be booked as a double if required. - from $70.00 to $125.00 (Room Only)
- Air Conditioning
- Non Smoking Room
- BBQ Facilities
- Communal Kitchen
- Communal Lounge
- Communal Refrigerator
- Communal Shower
- Cots Available
- Games/Recreation Room
- Gardens in property
- High Chair
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Outdoor furniture
- TV/Lounge Area
- Check In: 1400
- Check Out: 1200
Visit with our friendly staff at Kangaroo Island's only Accredited Visitor Information Centre and let us help you customise an itinerary as unique as you are to get the most from your time on Kangaroo Island. Kangaroo Island Gateway Visitor Information Centre - Howard Drive, PENNESHAW SA 5222 Open: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm, Weekends & Public Holidays 10am - 4pm, Closed Christmas Day.
Need some help booking somewhere to stay?
Toll Free: 1800 811 080
While all Kangaroo Island accommodation is suitable for exploring the Island, particular regions of the Island afford different advantages. Whether you are arriving in the evening and need accommodation close to the ferry port, you prefer to be close to shops and restaurants or if you really want to get away from it all and stay in a more secluded area, there is a region on Kangaroo Island to suit everyone.