Search Results - Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Rocky River Heritage Accommodation
Experience life as the early pastoralists did at Rocky River Heritage Accommodation in the magnificent Flinders Chase National Park.
Peace and comfort beckons at the end the day, with attractions such as Admirals Arch, Remarkable Rocks and Kelly Hill Conservation Park just a short drive away.
Rocky River offers the choice of two charming self-contained stone cottages. Mays Homestead is a quaint white-washed limestone cottage built in the 1890s. It reflects the simple life of the original pastoralists. The cottage has full kitchen facilities, two bedrooms accommodating up to six guests and gas heating in the lounge room.
Next door, cosy Postman's Cottage, originally built for the mailman who dropped by every two weeks, is a bed-sit style accommodation. The cottage has one main room that includes kitchen facilities, a double bed and two single beds that comfortably sleeps four guests. Shower and toilet facilities are adjacent to the cottage.
National Park entry fees are payable once at the Flinders Chase Visitor Centre.
Stay for five nights or more in May's Homestead and receive a complimentary Kangaroo Island Tour Pass.
Rocky River Heritage Accommodation is one of 30 unique accommodation experiences available in South Australia's stunning network of National Parks.
- Flinders Chase National Park
Rocky River, South Coast Road
GPO Box 39
**Rates given are intended as a guide only. Please contact the property direct for exact rates and conditions.
- Mays Homestead - Two bedroom homestead with one double bed and two bunk beds, living room, bathroom and combined dining and kitchen. - from $133.00 to $166.00 (Room Only)
- Postman's Cottage - Postman's Cottage is a bed-sit style accommodation. The cottage has one main room that includes kitchen facilities, a double bed and two single beds that can comfortably sleep four guests. Shower and toilet facilities are adjacent to the cottage. - from $70.00 (Room Only)
- Cooking Facilities - FULL
- Insect screens
- Microwave oven
- Open fireplace
- Private Facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Car park
- Cots Available
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Non Smoking Floor
- Walking Tracks
- Check In: 1400
- Check Out: 1000
- City and/or Town 99 Kilometres
- Domestic Airport 88 Kilometres
- National Park 10 Metres
- Visitor Information Centre 500 Metres
Visit with our friendly staff at Kangaroo Island's only Accredited Visitor Information Centre and let us help you customise an itinerary as unique as you are to get the most from your time on Kangaroo Island. Kangaroo Island Gateway Visitor Information Centre - Howard Drive, PENNESHAW SA 5222 Open: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm, Weekends & Public Holidays 10am - 4pm, Closed Christmas Day.
Need some help booking somewhere to stay?
Toll Free: 1800 811 080
While all Kangaroo Island accommodation is suitable for exploring the Island, particular regions of the Island afford different advantages. Whether you are arriving in the evening and need accommodation close to the ferry port, you prefer to be close to shops and restaurants or if you really want to get away from it all and stay in a more secluded area, there is a region on Kangaroo Island to suit everyone.