Search Results - Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Seaview Lodge K.I.
Seaview Lodge is an historic circa 1890 guesthouse now restored for a completely relaxed getaway. Five double rooms, one with an additional single bed, two with four-poster beds, one with twin beds, ensuites and reverse cycle air conditioning. Offering views of the sea and surrounding farmland, this is the perfect place to spoil yourself for a night, a weekend, or a week. All your needs are catered for, including a cooked or continental breakfast in the morning, four-wheel drive tours, hire cars and bus tours easily arranged by nearby tourist information office.
Seaview Lodge, Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island will be closed from 3 May 2010 to 18 June 2010 for major repairs to the plumbing.
Pets permitted by prior arrangement.
**Rates given are intended as a guide only. Please contact the property direct for exact rates and conditions.
- ROSE - This room was one of the three original rooms of the house, built in 1860. Its tall timber ceiling is some 13 feet and gives a feeling of spaciousness. The Rose room is definitely for guests desiring a romantic weekend away. The era of the 1860's is shown in the quaint sash windows in this bedroom. The four poster bed and hues of blue, cream and pink with a charming rose frieze border on the walls makes this an elegant and romantic room. - from $220.00 (Room and Breakfast)
- MADEIRA - The Madeira Room is a deluxe queen bedroom with one single bed. This room was an extension of the original house. The room has a beautiful polished timber floor and an open fireplace, with the dark marble-like timber mantelpiece a main feature. The colours of this room are pale green and cream with a frieze border of golden bronze hues and a ceiling rose painted in matching colours. The furniture is of rustic Australian colonial style. Heating and cooling is by reverse cycle air-conditioning with electric blankets on the beds. The adjoining ensuite is of traditional style and colours of heritage green and ivory, with green and gold fittings. The Madeira Room also has the capacity to accommodate an extra person. - from $220.00 (Room and Breakfast)
- JASMINE - The Jasmine Room is a deluxe queen room with a beautiful four poster bed. It has polished timber floors and an open fireplace with a dark marble-like timber mantelpiece. The north facing aspect of this room makes it a warm, bright one, with a view across the water towards American River and Kingscote. The Australian colonial furniture in this room is very attractive, with the bed-head and bed-end sporting a rolling-pin design. The colours of this room are cream and tan and a frieze border with golds, blues and pinks complimenting the pale blue linen and curtain fabrics. Heating and cooling is by reverse cycle air-conditioning with electric blankets on the bed. The ensuite bathroom is in a beautiful mixture of heritage green and cream. - from $220.00 (Room and Breakfast)
- HONEYSUCKLE - The Honeysuckle Room is a single or twin share room including two single ensemble beds with ample space for one or two people. The colours are in pale blue and cream, with a frieze border of blue, cream and burgundy. The room has polished floors, heating and cooling is supplied to make this a comfortable room. The adjoining ensuite is in traditional style and features colours of green and ivory with green and gold fittings. - from $195.00 (Room and Breakfast)
- TECOMA - The Tecoma Room has a queen-size bed in Rolling Pin Design carved from beautiful Baltic Pine. The colours of this room are blue and cream and the outlook is across the lush garden area where the pink Tecoma creeper displays its wealth of huge trumpet-like flowers in mass. The east-facing room has such a delightful bright morning aspect and the combination of morning sun and abundant plant-life attracts the Blue Wrens and Honeyeaters to this area. Heating and cooling is by reverse cycle air-conditioning with electric blankets on the bed. The bathroom is in the traditional style with colours of black and white with gold fittings. It also has a magnificent claw-foot bath. - from $220.00 (Room and Breakfast)
- Air Conditioning
- Clock Radio
- Electric Blanket
- Insect screens
- Non Smoking Room
- Open fireplace
- Private Facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- BBQ Facilities
- Car park
- Communal Lounge
- Communal Refrigerator
- Gardens in property
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Non Smoking Floor
- Outdoor furniture
- Pets allowed, enquire on booking
- Tour Desk
- Check In: 1400
- Check Out: 1000
- Beach 1 Kilometres
- City and/or Town 1 Kilometres
- Domestic Airport 50 Kilometres
- Golf 10 Metres
- Jetty 1 Kilometres
- Restaurant 1 Kilometres
- Shop 1 Kilometres
- Tennis Court 1 Kilometres
Visit with our friendly staff at Kangaroo Island's only Accredited Visitor Information Centre and let us help you customise an itinerary as unique as you are to get the most from your time on Kangaroo Island. Kangaroo Island Gateway Visitor Information Centre - Howard Drive, PENNESHAW SA 5222 Open: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm, Weekends & Public Holidays 10am - 4pm, Closed Christmas Day.
Need some help booking somewhere to stay?
Toll Free: 1800 811 080
While all Kangaroo Island accommodation is suitable for exploring the Island, particular regions of the Island afford different advantages. Whether you are arriving in the evening and need accommodation close to the ferry port, you prefer to be close to shops and restaurants or if you really want to get away from it all and stay in a more secluded area, there is a region on Kangaroo Island to suit everyone.